Saturday, August 2, 2008

West is Best

The Spruce Moths have come to the Gallatin River canyon. I went out early this morning in attempt to satisfy the request of one of my faithful blog readers by getting a picture of some fish. This is Storm Castle Mtn. Elev. 7165 at sunrise with the Gallatin running below it. This is one of the many views I see three days a week during my commute. It beats the Schuylkill, no?


I've never fished a Spruce Moth "hatch" and it was awesome. Right on cue just before the sun hit the water the moths started falling out of the pines like snow. The fish went crazy. I caught a couple nice rainbows but only got a picture of this nice little Brown, ,my first Brown since moving back out here. I saw a few heavies gorging themselves just as the light hit the water but I couldn't entice them unfortunately. What a great morning.





4 comments:

Hermana Gracee Sue said...

Daeg,

Seeing a picture of a brown outweighs catching 100 sunnies.

Thanks for keeping my sabbath day holy.

Austen

Unknown said...

nice touch good friend... nice touch!!

Ashley said...

Showin some love on the D-man's ol blog. Did you unpack the speds yet?

Daegan said...

Speds......just you wait.