Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SHOT Show

I fulfilled the birthday wish I've had for the last five years or so. I got to attend SHOT Show; the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Tradeshow in Las Vegas. It's the biggest tradeshow of the year for anything dealing with cool outdoor stuff. In my case it's ground zero for Big D's Trifecta: guns, knives and flashlights. It was awesome. I was in shock and awe. I carried my camera around for 5 hours and had so much fun handling all the new products that I didn't take a single picture. Not one.

Coolest souvenir of the day? GLOCK playing cards!

Best Meal? In-n-Out!

Best Knife of the day? RAT Junglas Machete!

Best gun of the day? Rifle Dynamics MAC-11 SBR w/ Bulgarian side folder or Arsenal Krink.....but how do you pick from so many? LWRC REPR....or M6A2...and on and on...

Best Flashlight of the day? Surefire UB3T or M3LT. INSANE.

I'm also tryind my hand at knifemaking. I've got a couple ready to send out for heat treat.


I'm going to try handling them with homemade denim micarta.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Dylan LOVES your knives

Barbara said...

Love your blog. I'm giving the address to Dallas so he can check it out. He'll be sooo jealous about the SHOT. He'll have to come down and stay here and drive over. I'm in awe over your knives. I've got to see these. Loved the Swedish video...I was so moved... That's some awesome fishing hole. That should help mightily to ease the ache of leaving MT. Hope you're enjoying it there.

Barbara said...

BTW, I do not get this In-n-Out at all. I finally went last year and was underwhelmed. I'm scratching my head. When they opened the one in Draper, people camped out overnight, in the cold, and they opened it two hours early the next morning. duhhhhh.....

Kiirstin said...

after you master knife making can you start on gun making. Kurt really wants a gun but we are poor.

Brock & Kim said...

Sweet knives...your background music is a little freaky....