Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Better late than never.

So everyone has a blog. In other words, almost no one doesn't have a blog. So what do I do? I resist for a while and then I give in. Just like in marriage. I can't help it. That's what I've been trained to do. Amy would never say this to anyone but I am the perfect husband. I resist long enough to make the conversation interesting and then I give in.

Anyway, back to my blog. People blog in order to keep in touch with family, practice their creative writing, show off their pictures, etc. etc. etc. I don't know what I will do with my blog. I don't know when I will let anyone see my blog for that matter. As for the purpose of my blog I'll break it down Mythbuster's style: 40% chance that it's to keep in better touch with family, 25% chance that it's to show off our amazing kids (I'll have to take some pictures of them now that they're both walking), 10% chance that I'm doing it so that the crushing amount of time I spend on the computer will be somewhat productive, 10% chance that it's because I'm bored tonight, 8% chance that it's because I might actually have something to say (shock! my neighbors don't even think I talk), and 7% chance that I really, really want to make it on the Drudge by next June.

Reality check. By next week I just might have forgotten that I even started a blog. Two years from now when I try to start a blog called "Orr What" I'll get a message telling me that that profile already exists and it will all come flooding back.

Here's some background on my blog name. I can't even tell you how many times I've introduced myself and upon hearing my name the person says "or what?" with a sneaky grin. It's done. Put a fork in it. When my blog "Orr What" gets on the Drudge next June it'll really take the wind out of those people's sails.

No comments: